Rawalakot Election

Rawalakot Election: Polling Possible on August 20 or 21, AJK CEC

MUZAFFARABAD: Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) Chief Election Commissioner Ghulam Mustafa Mughal has said that polling for the Rawalakot Election could be held on August 20 or 21 if the ongoing sit-in is resolved within the next three to four days.

Speaking to the media in Muzaffarabad, the AJK chief election commissioner said polling in Bagh and Haveli districts had been scheduled first due to security concerns. He said security personnel had already reached the two districts, while the transportation of election material was continuing under the supervision of the military.

Ghulam Mustafa Mughal said eight security personnel would be deployed at highly sensitive polling stations. He added that security arrangements were being prioritized to ensure that polling could take place in a safe and peaceful environment.

The chief election commissioner said efforts were also underway to restore internet services in Bagh and Haveli on August 9 and 10. He said the authorities were reviewing arrangements to ensure that essential communication facilities remained available during the electoral process.

According to Mughal, the election commission expects to be in a position to announce a new polling date for Rawalakot within the next seven days. However, he said the final decision would depend on the resolution of the ongoing sit-in and the overall security situation in the area.

Responding to allegations made by political leaders, the AJK chief election commissioner said the election commission could not respond to political accusations through statements. He said the facts regarding whether any rigging occurred, and who may have been responsible, would be made public after completion of the electoral process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *