Security forces killed two more terrorists in an intelligence-based operation in Balochistan, taking the three-day toll to 19. The operation was conducted in the Killi Zaik area, according to security sources.
The operation followed intelligence reports about the presence of terrorists between Killi Zaik and Kaghli. The areas are located about 12 kilometres north of the Baseema camp. Security personnel launched the operation after receiving the intelligence.
An exchange of fire took place between security forces and the terrorists during the operation. Two terrorists were killed, while three others sustained injuries. One of the slain terrorists was identified as Mushtaq Ahmed, also known as Koh Yar.
Security forces recovered ammunition, magazines and hand grenades from the site. They also recovered material allegedly used for preparing improvised explosive devices. The recovery indicated preparations for further terrorist activity, according to security sources.
The latest operation brings the number of Balochistan terrorists killed during operations over the past three days to 19. Seven terrorists were killed a day earlier in an intelligence-based operation in Lajay area of Kharan district under Operation Radd-ul-Fitna 3.
Earlier, on August 15, security forces killed 10 alleged Fitna al-Hindustan operatives during a major operation in Balochistan’s Khuzdar district. The operations form part of ongoing security efforts against militant activity across the province.
Security sources said operations against terrorist elements will continue in Balochistan. They said security forces will take all necessary measures to counter terrorism and eliminate militant threats. Authorities reiterated their resolve to bring those involved in terrorist activities to justice.