New developments have emerged in the Mir Raza murder case as investigators reported finding additional evidence at the crime scene. A Karachi court has ordered the investigation team to complete its probe and submit a report at the next hearing.
The new investigation officer, Siraj Lashari, appeared before the court and briefed the judge on the progress. He said the statement of Muhammad Ahmed, Mir Raza’s business partner, had been recorded as a witness.
Muhammad Ahmed told the court that he had appeared whenever police summoned him. He alleged that officers sometimes kept him at the police station for several hours during questioning. The court directed him to cooperate with investigators.
The court expressed concern over the slow pace of the Mir Raza murder case investigation. The judge said the victim’s father, family and people in the city were concerned and stressed that the facts surrounding the killing must be uncovered.
Siraj Lashari said he received responsibility for the investigation on August 13. He said around 35 people who had been in contact with Mir Raza were being questioned. Investigators were also examining call records to identify people who contacted the victim on the day of the incident.
The investigation team has also expanded to nine members with the addition of the Shah Latif Town SHO and a DSP. Authorities recovered Mir Raza’s mobile phone and smartwatch from the National Cyber Crime Investigation Agency for further forensic examination.
The devices are expected to be sent to a forensic laboratory in Lahore, while additional evidence has reportedly been collected from the crime scene. The court extended Muhammad Ahmed’s interim bail until August 24 and directed investigators to complete the Mir Raza murder case investigation and submit a report at the next hearing.