Swat suicide bombing

Swat Suicide Bombing Death Toll Rises to 19

The Swat suicide bombing death toll has risen to 19 after four more injured victims died during treatment, police confirmed on Monday. The attack occurred near Kabal Police Station in Swat during a public protest against deteriorating law and order, leaving dozens injured and prompting a large-scale rescue and security response.

According to Swat police, the suicide bomber detonated explosives after officers attempted to stop and search him at the entrance of Kabal Police Station. The blast initially claimed 15 lives, including police personnel, while 18 people were injured. Police spokesperson Nasir Iqbal Karimi later confirmed that four additional victims had succumbed to their injuries.

Rescue teams launched an immediate emergency operation following the explosion. More than 50 Rescue 1122 personnel participated in relief efforts, providing first aid at the scene before transferring the injured to nearby hospitals. Authorities said investigations into the Swat suicide bombing are continuing while medical teams remain focused on treating those still hospitalized.

Funeral prayers for Constable Mukarram Khan and Constable Hussain Khan, who embraced martyrdom in the attack, were held at Javed Iqbal Shaheed Police Lines. A police contingent presented a guard of honour, while senior police officials attended the ceremony and paid tribute to the fallen officers for their sacrifice.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Sohail Afridi visited Swat to meet the families of the victims and injured. He assured them that the provincial government would provide the best possible medical treatment and financial support. During a high-level security meeting, he pledged to strengthen counterterrorism efforts and announced that Rs20 billion had been allocated to support the KP Police.

The chief minister described terrorism as a major challenge and urged political, religious, and community leaders to unite in support of peace. He said the sacrifices made by the police and citizens would not be forgotten and vowed that the provincial government would continue working to restore lasting stability across the province.

Lawyers, traders, and civil society groups across Swat strongly condemned the attack by observing strikes and announcing further protests. Markets remained closed in Kabal, while a demonstration has been scheduled in Mingora on August 7 to demand stronger action against terrorism. The Swat suicide bombing has once again highlighted growing security concerns in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa amid a recent rise in militant violence.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *